Tuesday, January 09, 2007

" To top it off I was mad even before I wrote this"

An extract :
Life was pretty much boring till I found that life was pretty much boring.

The moment I found it out could have changed my life or, rather, could have ended it.

I was not dead. It was only a mere possibility of what could have been.

The driver stuck out his head in considerable anger.

" Evida nokkiyaade ottikana"

These words had a warming effect on my cheeks.

The roads reminded me of day-five test match pitches in India. Kumble would have jumped in ecstasy at the sight of tracks like this. But not my Glider.
The cycle moved on, perpendicular to my thoughts. Fort Bakers neared me with utmost sympathy.
***************

One of the things that attracts me to Government Model Boys high school is the way in which the sun always seems to set above the main building.
I pondered for sometime, in its premises, about life and everything else in it. My thought had struck a new line.

Life is not about geometry, gravitation or geography. Rather, it is about everything else other than those.

The fact that my shadows stretched reminded me of the reception I would be getting on getting back home.
But still, philosophical thoughts can't be stopped in the middle.

I couldn't lie on those grasses. Civilisation didn't permit me to. If somebody would have struck up a pleasant tone on the guitar, it would have perfectly conveyed my being.

I was fighting with myself. It was about what I wanted to be and what I was.
I was having a difficulty finding out the real myself in the midst of all this. That was when I reminded myself that I was me and not what I was taking myself for.The funny part was that I was not taking myself for anything.....which meant that I was everything other than anything.

There were a hundred other houses beside me. Little kiddos were hanging out in the balconies along with big kiddos, old hags were basking in the dark, stray dogs were staying in the roads. I lend my eyes a glimpse of the sky.
"How would your life be if you had a female company at the moment?" I asked myself.
" Bad. Infact, Very bad. Half the time I wouldn't be able to think. The rest half would keep reminding me to think" the second personality that I hid in the cerebrum voiced to the first.

I hate going back to home. With the possible exception of a shower, there was nothing exciting to do.
Still, civilisation popped its ugly head again.
****************
There was a particular tune to which the alarm struck.

" Humpty Dumpty had a kiddo up his sleeve.
It was then he realised he was on leave"

The point is, it didn't.

I don't know why I do it. It is instinctive. It had always made my father to wince. I screeched out "Shiiit"

Our van's students are accustomed to seeing me running half-dressed,though.

"Ek mein aur ek tuu hain" ran through the stereo. Mahesh had recorded it specifically to my wish. The small kiddos danced with their mouths making as much sense as a dolphin wouldn't make if it would have heard it.

Arya Central School was the place where I was destined to go. A place which I had been seeing for the past 11 years. I don't know when I fell in love with the place. It might have been when I was thrashed by my mates outta my stocks or when I had to pull up a rather pretty-looking junior when she fell off or when all the english teachers took up a resolution that they wouldn't award me with anything less than the first or when I found that you could sleep in Deepthi teacher's (chem) classes and escape unnoticed or when I greeted Rekha teacher the first time, an innocent 'gud morn teacher' to which she replied " The News reader is absent. Go n fetch the paper frm the office n go n say something in the assembly"
The undeniable fact is that the place rewarded me with a whole lotta emotions, to cherish for a life time.

8:25 sees our van parked on the imaginary parking-lot. Usually, the time also sees the arrival of Kiran's van. These days the coincident timing of the vans are proving to make life a helluva time for me. The point is that most of the guys are envious of the fact that I don't woo behind a single gal. Inorder to 'de' my worth, all of em have started the tendency to make fun of me with ..blah blah. You know wat. The pitiable part is that the whole lotta guys have started to poke me on the back with her name.

If I haven't forgotten my history note or my record, I would be in the drawling assembly. Else, in the autorickshaw.

The classes are quite interesting. Half the time I would be sleeping with my eyes open. The other half, with my eyes closed.

**********************










No comments: