Sunday, December 14, 2008
Formulating success / Past Forward
Music moves on. Mostly inappropriately. But there is that undertone that still remains wholesome. Close my eyes.
********************
Moments wait anxiously. Somewhere else, thousands have gathered to celebrate the arrival of new hopes. In some other beds, men might have already turned into predators. I look onto that sea of decorated blackness only to realise that it doesn't make much of a difference whatever day it is.
********************
Another bubble blackened. I turn over the paper and see the questions stretch even further. Flustered, I decide to give this test a miss. My eyes look over his shoulder and directs the hand to darken a few more of the bubbles.
*********************
"Happy birthday! No wonder that Tsunami also occured this day." , followed by a smug. As a reply I get to hear playful gaaliyaan.
In the midst of the conversation I remind her that the buji cousin of mine has left for Delhi in search of greener pastures to exercise his mind on.
**********************
We nine are on the field. The ground is new to us. Robustly built guys are on the opposite half. " We aren't playing for money, are we ? " I hear someone say. I wriggle a couple of times just to let myself know that I am going to play. I run to my position. A few minutes later, the kick is taken and as usual Anand passes it straight onto me.
***********************
I sit in that tensed room. Last minute revamps occur incessantly. And I stand up and consciously leave my head blank. The hands are stretched out to unravel the mystery that question paper would present for one last time this Christmas.
************************
The music has been played for over seven times as I script "the future already in store."
PS- Yeah, its available for just 990 now. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment