Friday, December 06, 2013

The Sound of Poo(p)

I am able to secure the latch just in time and seat my rear on the seat. Not that not securing would matter much, I am in my house and there is nobody around. Anyway, let’s give it a few moments before I start telling you about the whole thing.
One.
When people talk about the future, they usually talk about apocalypse. And chaos. And wars. The game I finished playing recently had its premise in that in the future there will only be private military corporations (PMCs, as they have it), where each private company/entity will have their own trained armed personnel…..

Two.
….And these armies will wage war against each other. Countries are no longer relevant it seems. They will break down as people start alienating (repercussion of technological advancement I guess). Alienation brings apathy, which brings an absence of fraternity. This breaks down that very glue that holds them together….. 

Three.
…..But what if? What if in the future, there is nothing. There is no fighting, no war, no chaos. What if people get too bored to do all that. It's too petty and time consuming, they'll reason. Unwanted physical torture, they'll say. Perhaps it will all be played out in the head. Everything becomes minimalist. Conversations, Speeches and the sort. People might exchange words, at the most threatening words. There will be that undercurrent of threat in these exchanges. But nobody does anything. Dormancy. Until there comes a point when someone snaps….


Thud.Or Splash.

I don’t know how to describe the sound of Poop. Least of my worries, though. Now, to the matter I wanted to tell you--                                                                      

No comments: