Flashes of glimpses. Writhe. A long terrace. Some one at the far end. Vision closes.
Some boy looks on. I mumble incoherently. He still looks on. I yell.
The eyes spring up in life. He comes into light. I smile, and look over his shoulder to where his mom tends to the bushes.
Pushing aside his inquiries, I ruffle his feathery hair. I can tell he is not content with my replies. 'No matter how long I have seen her, she still has that angelic charm, your mother'
We kneel beside her and look across the vastly stretched paddy fields. The sky is as blue as June ever could have hoped for and the monsoon is to set in within three months.
'What was it that you were shouting ? '
I hesitate and tell her that its a bad dream. I keep ruffling his hairs,
'You know, somewhere, someone is not happy'
He looks quizzically. She tends to her bushes.
********************************
Flashes of glimpses. Writhe. A long terrace. Some one at the far end. Vision closes.
Some boy looks on. I mumble incoherently. He still looks on. I yell.
The eyes spring up in life. The bed comes into light. Drowsily, I take the alarm clock and try to settle my gaze on the time. Ma's yells already ring out to me. Burying myself in the pillow, I try to recollect what the dream was about.
A beautiful lady. Me living at my old home. Some stair cases. Now where did the staircases come from ? All the little snippets slip out of my grasp.
" Da, get up, study one hour"
I yawn at her.
"Please"
Of recent times, even while I dream, I realise that its a dream. I sulk a few paces across to get a sip of tea. The mirror shows my overgrown hair stretched across the ears. I try to give it as much a presentable look as possible.
The drenched walls of our neighbour's becomes my new object of interest. Heard some new folk have rented it. A sheepish grin and I leave the room.
No comments:
Post a Comment