Man, really the games I had at Medical college were superb in the sense that it made me realise that I am a nobody in cricket. One is often fooled by the flatteries. Mate, as fate would have it, I am also a victim. Let me introduce to the ocassion- After the 8th standard exams we were to have friendly matches at the Medical college ground.
black shirt, black pants at about 11 in the morning (You can imagine my condition). The sun was beating down hard. My team was to have bowling first. I was always considered a batsmen in our local area. I was welcomed into the arena with a boundary. The point is that i took a wicket with my medium fast. Coming to the batting part.
You must imagine that it was after a tiresome bit of bowling and fielding that I had come to the crease. The first bowl I faced was the best part. i saw Roshin bounding upto me. I was concentrating hard. He took a leap at the popping crease and then something went horribly wrong. i didn't quite understand what happened but all that I felt was an unexpressable pain in the You-know-where. With the Black-tight-shirt and black pants, I saw seven heavens. I was advised to retire and accepted it without delay. I came back for batting with equation thus-- some 19 runs from17 balls. I had seen enough of Roshin to know that he was near-unfaceable. in my mind the strategy read thus- survive Roshin, the rest lies with luck. I was quite successful in that I was able to survive Roshin's pacers (was even able to take 3 runs in that over). Then came the supposed-spin from Hareesh. I could see the ball clearly as it took ages to reach me. I hit 2 fours in that over along with a couple. i had got all those runs with versions of the pull, somebody provocated me from behind saying I can't hit even one on the offside. The next ball was as easy as the others. I took some room and played it onto the hands of silly-midoff.
Silly.... Got to sleep......
No comments:
Post a Comment