Monday, December 05, 2005

Before tuition

My father had once told me to enjoy that moment as it would never return. It is true, I sometimes feel that I could have done certain things better if I were given a second chance. There is stillness all around me. When I raise my head all that I can see is a white cover. I feel....artificial. It shouldn't have been like this. My thoughts drift with the caressing wind that breaks the silence of the leaves. I know I am too young to retrospect on my life but I find myself thinking about all those joyous occassions. It is as if I will never be happy again. I know that even this moment is not to return and years later I may think about all the things that I thought with a smile on my face. I may even rue the fact that I had written it out. I can feel that somewhere around a drop has fallen from the sea above. I know that soon I will hear a shout from below but the time between them is all that I live for. Nothing stirs, I mean nothing at all. I always wanted to express the coldness I experience now to the world outside. Many things in man change but I know that that want will never fade with time. I was always afraid whether the world would accept me, make fun of me but the realisation has come that I write to express my views. There is life around me, the thuds break the silence. Yet nothing else seems to live. All the leaves and trees stand as if time has stopped moving. The peace that I have been experiencing has broken with the silvery drizzles. I wait anxiously for the sun to peep through the clouds that are fading from the farthest horizon. I am to go English tution within half an hours time. I haven't done my homework. I haven't done my assignment. the moment I descend the steps I will have to run havoc. The thought makes my mind writhe in pain. The nature looks majestic as if wanting to make me stand for some more time. I am drenched but I feel satisfied for some reason. It might be because I have expressed my thoughts or I don't know.

No comments: