Friday, February 02, 2007

Aged calendars grow yellow, brown and die. New ones replace them.
Life peeps through those square blocks, never giving everything, but enough to hop from one square to other.
I tried to hop back to the square I came from, but found it improbable.
There seemed only one thing for me to do, jump forward.
I stand, sometimes, on the boundary between the squares wondering whether there is anything worthwhile in the next blocks. Then, a tide cascades over me, I drown and when I get up I am so far away that I can't see where I had been.
One day, they removed the calendar. No ruffling papers, no moth-eaten squares, no boundaries. I was helpless. They took my life away. Behind, there was nothing. Ahead, more so. I tried walking but didn't know if I moved at all.
There was no point crying for there was no point in being pointless about being pointless. What was left with me was a tuned brain accustomed to the square blocks and a little bit of wit unaccustomed to the tuned brain.
These 2 merged.
A new vision enveloped.
Doors. Open it, you get another one. I know everytime I push the handle that I am going to see a replica of the same door. But everytime the door knob clicks, there is a rise and fall of the chest which enlivens me.
I was the creator of the pattern. If there is anybody who could change it, it is me. As if I bother to....

No comments: