Sunday, October 15, 2006

Signs of a Future?

It was the beginning. The fire ball was sinking on the Horizon, sending its image across the oceans. There were fresh tears in my eyes, which looked at the powerless moon standing years above. My pocket was empty, my heart was heavy, the sands were wet.

When the moon had sprung into life, I slowly got up.

I felt an uncomfortable sigh behind me.

"Your journey is ended Kid. All things happen for a reason. You are free now. I have come to take you home."

I didn’t open my mouth. It was too much for it too, I guess. I didn’t give a damn who the guy was. I started hearing deafening roars from the ocean sleeping beside me. It disrupted the peace that had existed before. The whole place changed into a havoc hectic crowd wailing and screaming at everything. Mothers carrying their babies, running directionless, fathers looking restrained. The Sun hid itself from everyone, it didn’t want to see this. The man beside me blinked his eyes and shuffled his feet.

“So this is it” I felt myself at tranquility. It is, eventually, once and for all, over.

That was my story, the story of my life on Earth………The after-life is different.

Life is , or rather was, a rather over-grown pumpkin….. because it doesn’t make any sense just like the comparison itself . I felt myself lifting, Lifting from existence, lifting from gravity, lifting from reality. I had one last look at the place where I had belonged.

Waves thrashed the shores ecstatically, sweeping away millions of lives, freeing millions of souls.

I was still me. A light flickered. All that I could see was darkness. There was no sound.

I felt somebody was nearby even if I couldn’t see it.

“Welcome” I heard somebody say but I had this queer feeling that it wasn’t my ears that picked it up.

Sure of somebody’s existence, I blurted out a question that had been nagging me for sometime.

“Who am I ?”

Silence

“Am I alive?”

Silence

Silence

I didn’t know what to do. So I kept concentrating on the source of the flickering light.

I had no legs, it was a funny feeling. I didn’t have to move, I didn’t feel like. The flickering light would follow me wherever I went, the rest would envelope in darkness.

“Your reason is inappropriate”

I was startled. I found out that I still had the emotion fear. It was not there a moment ago. I felt like somebody chaining me. Depriving me of the new-found freedom, freedom from existence. I now became what I was before, human. I couldn’t bear it.

“No! I am dead” I yelled with my mouth.

No echo, No reply. Nothing.

I had this terrible nauseating feeling. Loneliness, I found the word. My legs dragged me wobbly across something below.

I was thinking about the words I had heard a moment before. My reason was inappropriate, it seemed.

“Sorry, it took me time.”

“What!?” I yelled even before I could restrain my mouth.

“You have to go back”

“Are you God?” I asked, without my mouth, calmly to my own brain.

“If I am God, then what are you?” It replied. I had a feeling that It was chuckling when it said this.

“Where am I?”

“I can tell it to you but I am afraid I would have to erase your memory.”

“Why?”

“Because you are going back to what you call ‘life’”

I was determined to oppose but there were a million processes going on in my brain, it was difficult to single out one among them.

In the end I managed a “what?”

“Sorry you were not to be here. This is the first case ever.”

“Am I god?”

What is god?”

“ Oh! I get it...I am”

That was the last I saw of GOD.

* * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * * *

4 comments:

aravind said...

speechless! coming from a fifteen year old! hmm...

Govind V said...

(Humility) Oh! It was nothing actually. Except for a mistake.

Anonymous said...

This is really good stuff! Looking forward to more.

Govind V said...

Danx...but the prob is that I will pressurise myself to produce another like this. :D