Saturday, October 28, 2006

An experiment

They said that I am one among the crowd. But when this tide of mankind overflows into those sweeping trains, with nothing but their small office rooms as destination, I can't restrain myself from smiling.

Tut
Tut
Click.
______________

Its so wondrous a spectacle to see a sky-scraper go to the dusts. It just bows down from existence.

The men beside me hurled each other away in their urge to see the sight. Somebody screamed. Sirens sounded. Was that the ambulance or the police?
The train was waiting for me. I smiled. It always waits for me, donnit?
I had that cool glasses in my jacket. I took it. Costs a fortune, they said.
Let it go to the feverish crowd .
Not enough.
***************************************************

T
hey say that I am dangerous. Some say that I am elusive. A nemesis. I love the way things are, let it stay so. A little kid smiled at me.
The train came to a halt.
That was not in the plan, now.
I smiled back.
IIf this is what they call 'life', lemme tell you one thing, its nothing more than an entertaining slick flick. Aaah! Its been so long since I had last seen that constable.Just renewing acquaintance. He saw me too. Bravo. Got to run now.
Ladies - Gentlemen - hermaphrodites who call themselves 'cool dudes'- more gentlemen-more ladies - kids- The Exit - A respectable police officer.
More cool dudes- more respectable officers - more shouts . I say, somebody must have deceived me.Time is less, work is more.
I hate to take beautiful ladies as the bait, I even hate the practise of sticking the knife out at someones throat. Its not fair. Moreover it destroys the style factor. I spotted the unlucky subject. I stuck out the ugly object. Now, I predicate.
******************************
They say that I am cunning. Well, they were wrong.Or else I should have seen this chase coming. I dun like to prespire much during office-hours.
The mobile rang.
" Done "
It was being tapped. The Sonovabitch had deceited me.
But they were true to their word. They had promised they would send the flying object. But, things didn't smell well.
I used my business policy.
When in doubt, ERASE.
I went inside the copter. The pilot was only a Inspector- General.
Pity I don't know to fly.
***********************************
Hotels are expensive and risky. Streets are cool and cosy. Nightlights invited me. Later, perhaps. The sirens would be booming at every lodge in the city.Did they find out my name?
Oh!
I don't have one.
Atleast, would they find out what they called me?
A purposeful footstep echoed. I hate purposeful footsteps.
I got up. Took my toy.
There came he. He had the toy too.
Next second, I saw something red sticking out from my chest.
" This is not a film" I caught him saying
" First action, then dialogue"
hmm...
It seems I was not clever at all. But, he wouldn't escape alive.
I smiled.
******************************


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well well....u did manage to keep up the good work :)

nice!

Govind V said...

So....was tat good? I didn't think so....frankly :D

Anonymous said...

It was good. Or maybe its simply because I haven't read anything actually good in a long time.